[Roadsters] BaT

Jerry Krakauer jsk977 at optonline.net
Tue Dec 1 15:00:50 MST 2015

I agree, other cars that used the same Dunlop brakes were the series one Jag XKE and the original Studebaker Avanti… a lot heavier. In my racing days, with just a change to Ferodo DS11 competition pads in the front and Nissan green stuff in the rear the brakes were excellent. One issue however for street use was the tendency for the pistons to stick in the cylinders. But, since each cylinder bolted on to the center section separately, it was a lot easier than repairing the more common Girling design, which required removal and splitting apart of the caliper.

Jerry Krakauer

SRL311 00099