[Roadsters] BaT

Dave Sommers divehatteras at aol.com
Tue Dec 1 13:19:16 MST 2015

It's a perception thing because they are not power boosted. Most don't really need the brake change and a poorly executed swap is the worst thing you could do.  On the track the larger area of pad and bigger disk to absorb and dissipate the generated heat may be of value.  But many racing classes don't allow a major brake change.  Most drivers will never go harder than the stock brakes are capable of handling anyway. With good pads It takes several really hard laps of really hard braking to get beyond them.

The braking effort is limited by the tire contact patch and friction generated there.   If you go to much bigger rotors, really large area of brake pad contact and then much bigger sticky tires, a bigger brake set up can be of use in high performance driving.  Otherwise the stock brake set up is pretty good if you keep them maintained and adjusted properly.

But what the heck do I know.  Truth of the matter would be G force and distance tests, stock versus modified but each with the same tire set up.

Dave Sommers
Dive Hatteras llc
www.divehatteras.com
703-517-3724 boat phone