[Roadsters] 1500 Brake Fluid Reservoir substitutes

Charles Hubbard cehubbard at verizon.net
Mon Jul 28 12:06:29 MDT 2014

The brake and clutch fluid reservoirs on my 1964 SPL310 are old and brittle.
Both brake and clutch masters dump all of their fluid out over a couple of
weeks.  I looked for some time (without success) for replacements  until I
found the following on eBay:

Datsun 520 521 1300 Ute Pickup:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/281238619311?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.
m1439.l2649

Datsun 620 1500 Ute Pickup:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/281238617287?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.
m1439.l2648

I went ahead and bought them both just to see if they would work.  The
height is off but the diameter looks perfect for both units.  The 620 1500
Pickup one is way too tall but the 520/521/1300 UTE Pickup one may work for
both fluids.  I am going to try to cut the tall one down to size for the
clutch reservoir.  The challenge is how best to get a clean cut.  I thought
about using PVC cutters however, there is considerable chance that the
cutter would break  it and these tools rarely cut straight.  Chop saws tend
to melt the plastic and leave a rough edge.  Any suggestions?

Also, does anyone have a set of new/clean clamps that they want to sell?  My
are too corroded to reuse.

Charlie Hubbard
1964 SPL310
H: 972-539-1216