[Roadsters] starting problems

Rich Ravizza rravizza at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 5 11:10:55 MDT 2014

I have been driving my 70, 1600 a lot lately.  Took it up to Sonora pass from
Fremont, driving it to work everyday.  Yesterday went to a grad party with a
load of stuff for the celebration, all was well until I went back out to move
the car out of the driveway and it was DEAD.  Only thing I could hear when I
turned the key was a slight click.
Push started it and got it home and this morning went to start exploring to
find the problem.
Battery is full of liquid and shows 12-13 volts on the multimeter but the
headlights and tail lights are dead.  Put a battery charger on it and all was
well but then went DEAD again.
Turned out to be the homemade battery cable on the common side.  Cleaned it
and re-assembled and am back on the road.

Rich Ravizza