[Roadsters] starting problems

dave n dave at ranteer.com
Sat Jul 5 07:28:07 MDT 2014

so last night I bring the early 67 1600 roadster back from storage (its about
4 miles).  the revs slow down and it dies at a light.  it almost doesnbt
start.

I get it home, and we get ready to leave in it but it wonbt start.  I think
maybe its out of gas and the gauge isnbt working.  I top it off with 4
gallons of premium, and it overflows.  obviously that wasnbt it.   I can
hear the electric fuel pump running so thatbs not it. (I have replaced the
mechanical pump with an electric one)

we take another car.

maybe two hours later we come home, and it starts.  runs fine all the way back
to storage.  car doesnbt get run that much, and the gas in it could easily
have been months old.  you think bad gas?  stuff in the gas tank/line?  any
other ideas?