[Roadsters] out of hibernation part II Transmission

twokeelya at gmail.com twokeelya at gmail.com
Wed May 29 16:59:21 MDT 2013

thanks for all the tips, yes, inline fuel filter clogged, I'm going to have
to drain the tank because it clogged up the new one too. The fuel gauge had
slightly oxidized  contacts, I sanded them lightly, tightened up the
connectors and works perfectly. Headlights same thing, I sanded the fuse
contacts and they work, I even have a horn. Now, it won't shift into fourth
gear, goes in, but pops out. I'm sure from all the play in the gearbox that
it needs rebuilding, I've been putting that off hoping it would fix itself
(yeah right). SO....now i need help with removing the engine and am looking
for tips from you masters.I've pulled several mustang and Chevy camero
motors, but never a Datsun.  Thanks in advance from your ever so humble
learner....
Richard
67 SRL529