[Roadsters] Brake question

Dan Kroninger d_kroninger at hotmail.com
Mon May 20 13:18:16 MDT 2013

The pins looked good assuming I didn't bend them on reinstall.  I did that to
one and it was pretty obvious.

Sent from my iPhone

On May 20, 2013, at 1:32 PM, "Roy Haslett" <hrhaslett at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I'm sure they are fine then.  When you rebuilt your calipers there is a
guide pin that the piston rides on, how did they look?  If that pin is bent
your piston will hang up (ask me how I know) and cause it to bind and not
release off the rotor.  Then the pad(s) will heat up and squeel.  If you tap
the breaks that will stop it momentarily.

<datsun-roadsters at autox.team.net>
> Sent: Monday, May 20, 2013 11:24 AM
> Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Brake question
>
> They are the stock replacement pads purchased through Dean.  I believe they
are originally for a jag?

> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On May 20, 2013, at 1:22 PM, "Roy Haslett" <hrhaslett at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> Dan,
>> What type of pads are you using?  They should be organic on our stock
rotors...if you are running mettalic or ceramic you can run into trouble.
>> Roy

On

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/datsun-roadsters/ljordan704@netscape.ne