[Roadsters] adjusting valves on R16

Paul Courson cour.jpeg at gmail.com
Sat May 11 03:18:50 MDT 2013

Peter is correct on both counts - push the rocker arm to displace oil, and
pick a pub for a round trip warmup drive.

I also would point out that once set, tightening the locknut can change
your adjustment. Sometimes I compensate ahead of that tightening and it
works out just right.

On measurement, I have found it accurate to combine feeler blades for
go/no-go, rather than guessing how much friction equals "correct" on a
single push.

Don't forget a new valve cover gasket.