[Roadsters] screw thread size for hitachi carbs

Gordon Glasgow gsglasgow at comcast.net
Fri Jul 5 23:02:08 MDT 2013

Disclaimer: These are the sizes I measured on my 2000 SU's, but I don't
think the 1600 ones are necessarily different. Oddly, my parts manual lists
the same part number for both the piston pot screws and the float bowl cover
screws on the 2000 SU's (contradicting what I just measured), but different
numbers for those two screws on the 1600.

The screws for the piston pots are 5mm x 0.8 pitch. That's pretty standard.

The screws for the float bowl covers are 5mm x 0.75 pitch, which is
definitely not standard. I believe it's called a French Metric. You might be
able to special-order them through a place like Tacoma Screw Products if the
vendors don't have them.

Gordon Glasgow