[Roadsters] leaking steering box question

Stephen Holst stephen.holst at randrglobal.com
Fri Jul 5 09:05:06 MDT 2013

On My 1968 the steering box had gone dry and resulted in some loose steering
I refilled the box with red line synthetic that leaked slowly.  Every couple
of months I refilled.  Currently the seals seemed to have expanded and there
is only the occasional droplet.  While I am not of the opinion that
mechanical things heal themselves I do believe that seals can be
"re-hydrated".  Worth a try. If you do keep checking the levels if it
maintains --saved a bunch of work.
Steve