[Roadsters] My roadster in print

Tom Hendricksen tom at datsun2000.com
Mon Jul 23 13:23:57 MDT 2012

I don't see a roadster as a rolling coffin.  In 1969 A '67 chevy made a
left turn into the front fender of my '68 roadster.  At the time I was
doing about 45 MPH and was sent at an angle to the right where I met a
high cement curb.  The car did not go over the curb or bounce back.  It
just stopped.  After I figured out that I was still alive I unlatched
the top and stepped out over the driver's door. The belts all held.  My
glasses were smashed on the windshield and there were large ripples in
the left floor board.  In the end my chest cartilage was broken from the
impact on the shoulder harness, but that is much better than the
alternative could have been.

Tom
69 2000 - Mr. Hyde
Las Vegas