[Roadsters] More questions

Fred Davidson fred.davidson at diversia.ca
Sat Jul 21 18:06:03 MDT 2012

Hi Dana:

A electronic distributor makes a lot of difference in helping set up the
carbs and/or timing.  I first started out with Pertronix to replace points
and found it made an obvious difference.  I later installed a "Gary Boone"
distributor many years ago, when he started  he started making them and
there was even more improvement.  As you know I am running B cam & Solex
carbs for 20+ years and I can get my  Roadster to idle at 700 rpm but
usually have it set around 900 or 1000. The electronic distributors sold now
are equal or better than mine.

Fred

'69 Datsun 2000