[Roadsters] Leaky differential?

Paul Kort paulsdatsunstuff at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 08:54:37 MDT 2012

  Coming home from MidOhio a few weeks ago, the differential in my 1969
1600 started whining.  The car has a KA24E, 5 speed, and a 3.70 ring &
pinion from a 2000.  I crawled underneath today and pulled the drain plug.
Got a few drops!  I pulled the wheels and brake drums.  The axles are not
leaking.  It does look like the drain plug has been leaking a bit, but
there never was a puddle on the garage floor.  So where did all the oil go?

  I refilled the diff with Red Line Shock Proof, and used Teflon tape on
both drain and fill plugs.  Thunderstorms coming through here today so a
road test will have to wait.

Paul
Ohio