[Roadsters] Hood Latch Stuck

SHANNON F DAUGHERTY sfdaugherty01 at msn.com
Thu Jul 12 08:13:27 MDT 2012

You can also access the latch from behind the dash but you'll probably have to
pull the radio console out. One of the upper firewall access holes on the
drivers side works.

It's a pain but fixing the damage from prying it up would be worse.

Shannon

On Jul 12, 2012, at 8:08 AM, "Pat Horne" <pat at hornesystemstx.com> wrote:

> If that doesn't do the trick, try removing the hood hinge bolts and lift up
the front of the hood to gain access with long tools.

> Peace,
> Pat
>
> Thusly spake Mike Harper, On 7/12/2012 6:39 AM:
>> First try putting it on a lift, or jacking it up (support with
jack-stands)
>> and try to access the latch from underneath using a long screw driver or
>> similar tool.  Once you get it open, run a coat hanger or piano wire from
the
>> latch trrough the firewall as a secondary release.... Not that uncommon.
>>

>> Mike Harper, CAI, AARE
>> Harper Auction & Realty
>> 843-729-4996
>> "Experience Sells"
>>
>> www.AuctionMyRealEstate.NET
>>
>> --- On Wed, 7/11/12, Brad Hendrickson <brad.hendrickson at rocketmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>

>> From: Brad Hendrickson <brad.hendrickson at rocketmail.com>
>> Subject: [Roadsters] Hood Latch Stuck
>> To: "datsun-roadsters at autox.team.net" <datsun-roadsters at autox.team.net>
>> Date: Wednesday, July 11, 2012, 11:03 PM
>>

>> Anyone know how to unstick a stuck hood latch?  Car sat for a couple of
years
>> and now hood release .... well doesn't.  I don't think cable is broken.
Any
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/datsun-roadsters/pat@hornesystemstx.com