[Roadsters] Alternator question

jim.jones90 at comcast.net jim.jones90 at comcast.net
Tue Jul 3 09:42:45 MDT 2012

Hi all,

Thanks for all of the information on the alternator!

We went to the auto-bone yard and looked at the rows and rows of alternators and we found one from a 77 Ford Courier that looks exactly like the OEM Mitsubishi alternator from the '68. It is 27Amp so it shouldn't burn out the wiring. I had it tested and it works, I am going to install it this weekend and a 30amp fuse in the line (thanks to whoever suggested that!) and see how it goes. I am sending the old OEM alternator out to be rebuilt in the meantime. If the Ford works I will transplant it to my '69 roadster (which is a 'Frankenstein' roadster from all the miscellaneous parts I have installed) and then re-install the OEM into the '68 which appears to be mostly original.

Anyhow, thank you all!

Jim