[Roadsters] 1964 SPl310 Windshield frame installation

Graeme Suckling graemes at internode.on.net
Thu Aug 30 03:49:06 MDT 2012

I don't have a Parts Manual for a '64 but I had a look in my '65 Manual
for some info.
My '65 SP310 has the same construction.
I am a bit confused about these "wings".
The door frame closes on the weather strip so I don't understand your
comment about the "glass channel".
I plan to use some aluminium or stainless steel pop rivets to re-attach
those fellas.
I have attached the relevant drawing and if I'm correct you are
referring to P/N 47 & 57 are you not?

I wouldn't fill the channel with sealant.
I know it is a factory water trap but Archimedes once said, "You can
seal water in but you can't seal it out".
I plan to de-rust the channels as best I can [sand blasting] and hope
the Chrome plating will protect them.

There should be sealant applied between the glass and the rubber seal.

Why not get an Auto Glass fitter to do the job?
If he breaks anything it should be on his Insurance.

Regards,
Graeme Suckling
http://tinyurl.com/6n5aza
Adelaide