[Roadsters] rear brake cylinder cross reference?

Nolan nolan at mortarsprayer.com
Sun Aug 26 18:51:40 MDT 2012

Hello Paul,

This one stopped well 25 years ago when it was parked.  J

There is one long straight that had a tight right hand turn at the end. The
sharp turn warning sign was the late breaking point. Putting the clamps on
to scrub off 100 mph would shoot sparks out both sides.

 There was a volunteer fire station right by the corner warning sign. I
remember seeing the guys washing their truck out of the corner of my eye one
day as I passed. They heard the explosion and saw the ball of flame out the
side exhaust when I took my foot off the gas and went for the brakes. They
dropped their buckets and wash cloths and started running for their turn out
gear.

I doubt the car will ever be driven like that again. For now I will be happy
to get it all back in working order.

We made our weekly trip to my grandparents today. It had been a very long
time since I poked around in the shed that my grandfather built to store my
toys as I moved from teenager to adult. I had not remembered that 90% of
what was in there were roadster parts. I found a snug top, middle close
ratio 5 speed, 4.38 read end, axels and brake parts.

There are several more boxes to bring home. I also found one rear caliper
from an 87ish 200SX. I suspect that I will find the other one as I poke
around.

It looks like the Volvo calipers up front are the way to go instead of
freshening up the existing calipers. In the back we will change out the >
NABCO cylinders for fresh ones.

I am open for better suggestions if anyone has any.

Best regards,

Nolan