[Roadsters] Best bucket seats for a roadster?

Nolan nolan at mortarsprayer.com
Mon Aug 6 23:12:48 MDT 2012

Hello Friends,

After 25 plus years of ownership it is time to get the roadster back on the
road. My son is 14. I wish you all could have seen the look on his face when
we took the car cover off and that bright red paint, black stripes and
"Power by Colvin" stood out to him.  Since he has realized what is there, he
totally lost interest in the other cars and wants to drive the Roadster.

I admit I am looking forward to the flames that shoot out the side exhaust
and the sound of the 2350 stroker motor wound tight. Technology has moved on
but this still sounds like fun.

We are replacing all braided lines and miscellaneous rubber in the car.  Now
we need to find some snug fitting seats. The originals were the fiberglass
buckets that would hold on to a person in the corners but probably not very
helpful in an accident.

These Forza seats look great but I am concerned about how the flared (24"
dimension) will fit with the roll bar. It looks like the wide part is
forward and may be ok.

http://www.corbeau.com/product_images/lineart_popup.php?img=/product_images/
forza/black_cloth/Forza_wide-L.gif
<http://www.corbeau.com/product_images/lineart_popup.php?img=/product_images
/forza/black_cloth/Forza_wide-L.gif&title=Forza> &title=Forza

The Clubman measures smaller but also tilts back more. The tilt could be an
issue next to the roll bar.

http://www.corbeau.com/product_images/lineart_popup.php?img=/product_images/
clubman/black_cloth/Clubman-L.gif
<http://www.corbeau.com/product_images/lineart_popup.php?img=/product_images
/clubman/black_cloth/Clubman-L.gif&title=Clubman> &title=Clubman

I am hoping that you can help with suggestions for something similar.
Something lightweight, low and fits like a glove.

Best regards,

Nolan

(In Eugene)