[Roadsters] Stripped screws

Pat Horne pat at hornesystemstx.com
Thu Sep 30 18:58:25 MDT 2010

  Dan,

There is an impact screwdriver that I used to use on aluminum screws
that had welded themselves into aluminum parts on motorcycle engines.
You hit the back of the took with a hammer, which drives the screwdriver
tip tightly into the screw head and also turns the screw about 1/8 turn.
It works wonders, even on chewed up screw heads.

If you have to drill out the screws, try to find left hand twist drill
bits so that with the heat and vibration of drilling may just back out
the remains of the screw.

Peace,
Pat

Thusly spake Dan Kroninger, On 9/30/2010 12:46 PM:

--
Pat Horne, Owner, Horne Systems
(512) 797-7501 Voice		5026 FM 2001