[Roadsters] Timing: I'm not that dumb (am I?)

Barry Bowden barbowden at yahoo.ca
Tue Sep 14 11:49:31 MDT 2010

I spent a week a few years ago trying to get a 510 to fire and finally found
the
problem to be a cracked retaining spring on the distributor rotor. It
would turn
at low speed when cranking but stay stationary at higher crank
speeds. You could
pull rotor off and it looked fine since retaining clip was
still there but had a
fine crack in it relieving of its retaining strength.
You might check for that.

Barry Bowden