[Roadsters] Blower motor and wiper motor available from the trusty 65...car is parted out and going to the recycle guy, finally

Jim In Virginia wrenchorhammer at live.com
Sat Sep 4 19:07:05 MDT 2010

For All,

Was chopping up the parts car, finishing up today.  I love the big metal
cutting sawzall blade, the one they call "The Torch".  Just took two of these
4 dollar blades to reduce the whole car to chunks one man can easily carry,
except for the frame which was more easily done with the torch.  I hate to use
the (real) torch when I don't have to, the darn acetylene gas is very
expensive.  The frame was very rusty!  If this car was put back on the road
and went over a big bump, it would have likely broke in half at the front
mounting points of the rear springs.  The front frame where the firewall sits
on some horsehair looking pads had big rust holes also.

When I got the firewall hacked up, it was easy to flip the pieces around and
look at the wiper motor and blower motor.  PUt them both on my riding
lawnmower battery and they work just fine.  Hard to figure out all the wiper
motor terminals, but looks like fast and slow and park mode all work.  Blower
motor just runs in fast, the resister for the speeds lives inside the heater
core box.  THe heater core is good also, I flushed a lot of rust and gunk out
of it, put my thumb over the outlet to build some pressure inside, and it did
not leak.

I am keeping all these parts as spares for my 67, but if someone really needs
one of these 3 parts (Heater core, which includes the box, the the blower
motor resistor and wires, or the wiper motor assembly, but not the rods which
I had to cut, or the blower motor/fan/duct) let me know.   I would have to ask
$25 plus $15 shipping for any of the 3.   No guarantees other than the fact
that they are working right now!

Best Regards,
Jim
Chesapeake, Va