[Roadsters] early 67 hood prop rod

Gary and Cindy Ault aultgc at att.net
Sat Sep 4 12:48:06 MDT 2010

Dave,

You didn't say what year your car is, and the prop rod design varied.

The early (low-windshield) cars had the prop rod on the right side of the
car.  The '67-1/2s had the prop rod on the left side of the car.  Both had
prop rod guides welded to the undersides of the inner fenders, and a small
bracketswith a single hole welded to the hood.  When I had to replace the
hood on my '66 1600/U20 in 1973 -- the result of a moment's inattention --
the replacement hood had the guide for the prop rod on the right side of the
hood, so we cut it off, tossed it, and used the bracket from my old hood on
the replacement hood.  The holes where the spot-welds were drilled out
remain.

I can send pictures of both the '66 and the '67-1/2, if you like.

Gary