[Roadsters] To vent or not to vent

Eddie eddietude at socal.rr.com
Sun Mar 21 06:27:41 MST 2010

A non-vented system would eventually cause the car to die from fuel
starvation... ie, the fuel pump wouldn't be able to overcome the back
pressure that would build up in the tank.

That being said, I seriously doubt that would happen in 5 minutes.

The way to check though is what you described.  try running the car
without a cap on it and see what happens.

Is it possible the tank you installed had crud in it?  If so, then
what's more likely is that the crud came loose, and plugged up your fuel
filters in that first 5 minutes..

Hope that helps!

Eddie