[Roadsters] Water Pump Pulley

Steve Jacobson jake7140 at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 21 20:42:57 MDT 2009

Howard,
We use a SB Chevy unit on the 1600.  You can get a alum one from local parts
store or Summit part# SUM-G3963 ~$31.  Big hole is OK, but will need to drill
new holes for the pump flange.  Can then also use std water pump spacer shims
if needed.  There is one for the short neck and one for the long neck SB
pumps, this I think os for the short necks.  Overall depth about 2.5-3", 6 or
6.5 inch diam.  USes ~3/8" belt.

Just talked to a local 2L roadster racer this weekend, he runs fine with a C&R
radiator, stock pulley, says he never uses the fan. C&R wanted him to run
stock pulley??? Some ducting in the grill to keep the air in.

Steve

Steve's Racing web site

  www.NoNameRacing.com

Elkhart Lake Racing & Sipping Society