[Roadsters] rear carb issue

Tim tputland at charter.net
Sun Sep 20 15:12:20 MDT 2009

In the process of fixing a small fuel leak (new gasket) on the rear float on my 1600, I have discovered another issue with this carb: The over flow, which is piped into the air cleaner, seems to be flowing fuel into the air cleaner holder--not a lot but enough to be worrying. I have been smelling fuel off and on for a few weeks or so, so I have to think this is a new issue.

How do I get this to stop?

The float does not have gas in it. And the spring valve in the float seems to be working.

I have new carbs coming, but until then, and I do not know how long this will be, I would like to fix this issue.

Thanks
Tim