[Roadsters] Removing the cam

Pat Horne pat at hornesystemstx.com
Fri Sep 18 11:58:13 MDT 2009

Linda,

Thanks for the clarification.

The easiest way to find out if the cam bearings have been replaced is to
ask the machinist. It may be that the cam bearings were replaced and the
cam installed to verify that they are lined up correctly and to protect
the cam. In which case, all that needs to be done is to remove the cam
and clean out all passages, then put it back in and continue assembling
the engine.

If they haven't been replaced, they need to be because the hot tank
ruins bearing shells left in the engine while dipping it.

Peace,
Pat

Thusly spake ljordan704 at netscape.net, On 9/18/2009 12:08 PM:

--