[Roadsters] Gasoline and running hot

Richard Brown reblues at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 17:06:17 MDT 2009

It seems I've heard that there are two different gas caps.  One is vented
one is not.  Maybe you have the non vented and it is causing a vacuum in the
tank.  Easy to test by pulling the gas cap and seeing if the problem
continues.

Also the small screens in the banjo bolts going to the fuel bowls could be
clogged.  That might cause fuel starvation at speed but let enough through
at idle to fill the bowls.

Electrically, maybe the coil is overheating.  Do you have the ballast
resistor in place?

Good Luck,
Richard Brown