[Roadsters] Gasoline and running hot

David Boerst dboerst at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 16 16:24:53 MDT 2009

This 1600 should be painted yellow (its white) Its one thing after another. I drive the car a couple of miles then it dies. I have re routed the gas line from gas tank line that in the engine compartment to the carbs trying to prevent vapor lock. Carbs and gas line are cool. I installed a mechanical pump and a electric pump and blocked the return to the gas tank. Got me home. It seems to run hot but doesn't over heat. No "milkshake" oil. New plugs, condenser, points, rotor. Its missing the emissions pump but blocked off. It does have a lifter ticking sound, not a rod or main bearing knock. I replaced the gas cap with a original locking. Anyone got a idea to what is going on? Kind of funny as my gal bought it then saw a 1966 "Orange Burst" (google it) and I bought this fine "turd" She would have been very upset with this car. I got hers running great, figures. Any ideas?