[Roadsters] Dairyland Datsun Club weekend at Elkhart Lake

Tim tputland at charter.net
Tue Sep 15 09:57:42 MDT 2009

We could not have asked for better weather this past weekend for  the vintage
races at Elkhart Lake-- low eighties with a light breeze.

Dan, Ken, Steve and myself all met at the track Saturday for some track touring
and classic race care drooling--once again I saw cars I had never before seen in
person; very little American muscle but loads of fantastic European, British and
Japanese classics. Hopefully the pictures taken of all of us touring will be
available soon. Link(s) to follow from Dan and what the professional photographers that were on the track. Saturday evening we walked through a show car concourse at the Osthoff resort where we stayed Saturday night. There were even more beautiful cars there. How about that Allard or that 53 (?) Jaguar!!

Sunday we made new Roadster friends when we drove to Joy and Mike Johnson's farm where we were treated to coffee and pastries and four PERFECT 2000 Roadsters: one from every year of production! Joy and Mike, you have a truly amazing fleet. I think I can speak for Dan and Ken when I say we are very envious!! Thanks again for letting each of us drive one of those beauties!!! After coffee, car talk, a tour of Mike's personal lift garage and more drooling, we took off for close to three hours of touring and twisties in the Kettle Moraine area. What fun!! Lunch at the Benson's Hideaway on the Long Lake in the Kettle Moraine Forest was a blast--great call Charlie!

The day ended too quickly with Roadsters going their own way one by one along
the way as each couple peeled off from the group to head home.

Hopefully we can all get together again before the snow flies...unless of course
there are others of you crazy enough like me to do a polar bear run!!! Any one
interested?

Thanks again to everyone who was there, Connie and I had a great weekend!!

Tim
Dairyland Datsuns
Belleville, WI.
'70 SPL AND SRL