[Roadsters] Help with 67.5 wiper assembly

LEONARD WORTHY len.worthy at shaw.ca
Thu Jul 30 13:56:13 MDT 2009

Hi all,

I have a 67.5 SPL which I am attempting to get inspected &
licensed so I can actually drive it this summer.  The issue
perplexing me lately is the wiper motor assembly.  When
 turned on, the passenger wiper moves the same direction as the
 drivers (ala 68-70) not in the opposite direction as it should
 on a 65 - 67.5.  There were no wipers installed on the car
 when I purchased it, so you can imagine my surprise when I
 installed wipers, turned them on & the passenger side ground
 down into the paint  (ouch and a few other choice
 words).  Any ways, upon inspection of the motor assembly, I
 see no cam or 2nd arm to reverse the direction of the passenger
 side wiper.  I suspect the previous owner may have
 installed a set-up off a later model.  Could someone
 possibly describe what should be there, or even better pics of
 the assembly?  Note: The parts manual on 311.org only shows
 the motor & arms from the back.

 Cheers Len.