[Roadsters] Distributor work

Gary and Cindy Ault aultgc at att.net
Mon Dec 28 20:15:42 MST 2009

As far as I know, the weights are all the same, but the distributor cam and
springs differ from non-smog to smog set-ups.  Put a non-smog (7.5) cam and
springs into the distributor.  Set it at 16 degrees BTDC (20 degrees for
Solex cars) at 700 rpm and forget it.

And, both the 1600 and 2000 can be made to idle at 500 rpm if everything is
correct.

Gary