[Roadsters] Brake line fittings

hallosb at juno.com hallosb at juno.com
Tue Sep 30 13:05:45 MDT 2008

Wow!  That's unusual.  I have an early model roadster with SAE threads but,
had no trouble finding the fittings. I would assume yours would have metric
threads that are standard as well. I replaced every steel line on my Roadster
with various length tubing sections from NAPA. I cut off the ends to length,
put the fitting back on, and then re-flared the line.  I trashed several
sections by not getting the correct bends but, after a little trial and error
you get better at it.
Hardest part is re-flaring the ends.  Unless you buy a high end flaring tool,
it can be a real pain.  If you're only doing a couple of sections, you may not
want to invest in the high dollar flaring tool.
Dan McHatton
'66 1600