[Roadsters] Beating on an Engine

Gordon Glasgow gsglasgow at comcast.net
Thu Sep 25 19:44:23 MDT 2008

Here's the quick and dirty, no drilling required way to do it.

The bolt hole is a 10mm x 1.5 (or possibly the SAE equivalent, depending on
engine). Get a medium-length bolt.

Get a pry bar like this one
(http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00937341000P) and a piece of 2x4.

Put the 2x4 on the bottom surface of the block.

Thread the bolt through the keyhole-shaped hole in the pry bar.

Put the end of the pry bar on the block of wood.

Lift!

Gordon Glasgow