[Roadsters] a few questions with my start up (please help)

toolmansj2 at comcast.net toolmansj2 at comcast.net
Thu Sep 25 17:23:18 MDT 2008

1. All lights work except headlights any thing I can look for tried 2 relays same result 1 of the 3 wires are hot to the headlights.
2.Leaky oil hose from block to distributor has any one cut out the center hose and clamped a new center section in? New seems too expensive.
3.Then there is the idle I have the dwell set at 52  points gapped at about .018 and timing at 17degrees and cant get the engine to idle any lower than about 1000 rpm without roughness. The car holds a steady dwell while changing idle rpms timing seems to hold steady, but when I lower the idle speed it just wont run smooth. any clues.

 About my engine fresh rebuild on a u20, carbs were done by Kieth Williams block was bored 060 over reground A cam reground rockers new valves springs and seats and guides. New crank bearings seals pistons pins and rings

NOW I JUST WANT TO DRIVE IT I HAVE BEEN WORKING ON THIS CAR FOR ABOUT 2 YEARS...
--
1969 2000 U20
2007 Titan 4x4