[Roadsters] engine rebuild OT

davesmbox at aol.com davesmbox at aol.com
Mon Sep 22 19:07:19 MDT 2008

Hey guys,
This is really Off Topic but there are some really street smart engine guys here so I hope you don't mind me bouncing this off the list.
OK it's my boat engine. First I am no stranger to engine rebuilds. R16 and U20. Working on a sonett. Did a dodge dart engine.
We had really heavy rain in New England 3 weeks ago.Boat engine got half submerged. Pumped boat out. BTW V8 inboard. Well oil had foam,lots of it which means previous problem. Brought it to the marine (which is a marina with no water). They say new engine. Blown head gasket but no oil pressure.

OK I'll cut to the chase.

The engine ran fine the day before the flood so water got into the oil before.

Blown head gasket makes sense. Would the cream cause the oil pump to clog.

They don't diagnose just replace. $4000.

Say I may have spun a bearing. Don't think so. It would have made noise.

Is this just a blown head and a clogged oil pump? Would ONE spun bearing cause no oil pressure?

Just some thoughts .There was no catastrofic failure. The only reason I checked the oil was the flood.

Roadster content. I use the same ball hitch to sometimes tow the roadster. LOL

Thanks ALL

Dave