[Roadsters] WOW - Up and running!

Pete Peters ppeters914 at comcast.net
Sun Sep 21 14:34:57 MDT 2008

Welcome. Great story. Sounds like you got a good deal.

If you've been watching for a while, then my referring you to the technical section of 311s.org should not be a surprise:

<http://www.311s.org/pmwiki-311/pmwiki.php?n=TechSection.Electrical>

Pete

From: "speeddemonrs" <speeddemonrs at cox.net>

Hi all - This is my first post to the group, and have been watching you all for some time learning all I can. I picked up my first Roadster 2 weeks ago; 1966 1600. The owner told me that it has been sitting for 4 years (garaged, thankfully) and that an "electrical issue" forced it off the road back then and has been sitting ever since.

[snip]

After my little drive around the block, I started thinking about the original electrical issue. I pulled back into the garage, left it running, opened the hood and disconnected the battery. The engine died!! HOLY CRAP!! The whole time the problem was the alternator!! (or is that a generator in this car?) Well - either way, I think that was the problem the entire time!

All that being said ~ it doesn't appear that my local auto parts stores have access to this part. Where would I go to get a new/rebuilt one?!?!?

Robb Shannon
1966 sp311 1600
Surprise, AZ