[Roadsters] brake flushing

Graeme graemes at internode.on.net
Mon Sep 15 18:01:31 MDT 2008

De-natured Alcohol or Metholated Spirits as we call it in Oz, evaporates
readily so there is no fear of any remaining in the system.
It is excellent for displacing moisture.
The water and alcohol combine readily and the resulting fluid evaps away!
I use it to clean brake parts and have used it to flush the entire brake
system.
Poured it into the Master reservoir and operated the brake pedal to flush
the lines.
When re-filling with Brake fluid be prepared for a bit of wastage.
It is far better to see nice clean fluid in the bleeder hose and throw it
away than leave dirt in the system.

"Has any one actually used the denatured alchohol to flush a system? Are
they any concers, drawbacks, etc?

What happens if not all the alchohol is removed from the lines?

Thanks

Tim"