[Roadsters] Endless Rebuild Questions

Keith0alan at aol.com Keith0alan at aol.com
Fri Mar 28 07:54:10 MST 2008

In a message dated 3/28/2008 1:41:07 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
oscilloscope500 at yahoo.com writes:

Soooo...  I guess I'm wondering what everyone's opinion is on where I should
go from  here.

My thoughts would be first build in reliability. Have the connecting rods
checked out for round holes and straightness. Go with the 2L clutch. No more
than a medium cam. Check the wipe patterns on the lifters and rockers. New
timing set. No more cylinder overbore than necessary to clean up wear. Smooth  the
intake and exhaust ports, including the inside of the intake manifold. Match
the intake and exhaust ports to the manifolds. Clean the block really well.
Pull  all the freeze plugs and the oil gallery plugs before tanking. When it
get back  get the brush set out, a bucket of detergent and water, and brush out
every  passage, nook and crany. Tap the ends of the oil gallery for threaded
plugs  (allen head dry seal plugs). Check valve springs for proper tension,
replace any  bad ones.

I'm sure there will be more but I'm running out of steam.

keith

Home.