[Roadsters] Update on Engine Rebuild

Matthew Cox oscilloscope500 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 24 20:13:09 MST 2008

Hey everyone! Thanks for all the comments on my "dilemma." They really helped me with my decision!

  I decided to rebuild the running 3-main engine in my driver (numbers matching). It finally came down to what would I most like to spend money on, an engine that I know I'm going to keep, or an engine that I may have to get rid of. Also, I don't know the condition of my spare engines, so the expense could be huge, whereas extra money can be spent on the runner on performance upgrades instead of doing major repairs (let's hope).

  Anyway, thanks again for the opinions. Everything was helpful!

  Quick question... I don't have any engine lift points on my block (that I can see). Where should I attach the hoist? I'd rather not take the head off until I get to class. Can I attach the chain to a manifold stud and then something on the opposite front side (alternator bracket for example)?

  Thanks!

  Matthew...