[Roadsters] HELP!

steven boortz vociferouschicanery at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 20 12:30:28 MST 2008

hi everyone.
i have been planning on getting back to the track in my roadster for the three years since last i went.  i've registered to run tomorrow and saturday at california speedways' roval.  i really thought this was the time.  and i really thought i had the electrical gremlins licked when i determined i had wired the tailights 180 degrees out of whack.  they worked fine yesterday.  a couple days before, i installed an electric fan.  i wired the hot on the fan to the fog light wire, and the ground directly to the fender.  worked fine.  i've never had fog lamps, but i did for sometime have that wire to power an electric fuel pump.

today, no fan and no lights.  removed the fuse cover, and the second fuse from the bottom was blown.  no problem, just replace the fuse.  but still no lights and still no fan!  i figure that, i can get away with no fan, if i closely monitor the temperature.  but no lights means no brake lights, and no brake lights means i won't pass tech.

is there anyone in the LA area that could help me chase this down?  i really have no idea even where to start.  i would be happy to buy dinner and beverages and anything else that makes you happy.

steve
675MIZU