[Roadsters] Stock steelies

Ross Mullen / Sports Imports info at sportsimports.ca
Fri Mar 14 14:09:24 MST 2008

In British Columbia we have a choice in how to insure your collector
car. regular insurance that enables you to drive to work or school or
collector car insurance that has limitations like not for work or
school.  Collector car insurance is not available to cars that have
been modified with after market wheels. Many of our customers wanted
to keep their collector plate insurance and yet still wanted a wider
tire without changing the appearance of the  rims. they were able to
keep the stock look of a steel wheel with hub cap and still fit a
195-60 14 or even a 205-60 14 without having to  pay more for yearly
insurance. the cost of the rim widening was ~$150 per wheel and then
paint or powder coat on top.

The wider steel wheel allows for stock appearance and eligibility for
collector insurance. Sorry for not being more clear at the outset. I
hope this answers the questions.

Ross
sports imports