[Roadsters] Door gap and hinges (was "Re: A few questions")

jrdmf at aol.com jrdmf at aol.com
Tue Mar 11 14:15:14 MST 2008

The body shop I had do the paint work on my first Roadster didn't bother to line everything?up before they?painted it so needless to say I was a bit dissapointed at the way my doors fit. When it came time to?install the doors,?the guy helping me?grabbed a piece of 2"X4" and a single jack and literally moved the post a good 1/4" until both doors fit perfectly. I was seriously sweating bullets as he whailed on that fresh paint but?it actually held up pretty well. He placed a rag between the wood and the paint and the few spots that did require touch up were behind the hinge anway so it was well worth it. I know it sounds radical and I don't recommend anybody tries it?that hasnt' done it before but for an experienced body man it's?just another day at the office.?

Jon Frampton
Huntington Beach