[Roadsters] A few questions

Keith0alan at aol.com Keith0alan at aol.com
Tue Mar 11 07:31:29 MST 2008

In a message dated 3/11/2008 1:25:40 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
gregs672liter at netzero.net writes:

Third,  does anyone know if the door hinges vary in thickness or other  design
features year to year?  Top to bottom? I have a larger gap  (particularly at
the top) than I like on my passenger door to fender and  despite all my
fitting
efforts have not been able to reduce it as much as I  want.

Door hinges wear out the pins and they also bend easily. Both cause the
doors to be impossible to line up properly. I've still got some replacement pins
we had made a while back and I can put together hinge straitening instructions
 if there is any interest. That is also something I drag along to Shasta.

The door hinges are quite thin. You really don't want to lean on the door
when it's open or use it to hoist your self out of the car.

keith