[Roadsters] Nathaniel Leeds.

Herb Petty haabu at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jul 31 18:34:18 MDT 2008

Mr Leeds,
  Soooo,  Ya wanna take a ride to Ca.  Well ya just struck pay dirt !!
  Last June, Mike Young & I ( Herb Petty ) both Roadster nuts, from central / northern Ca
  drove to Denver, to visit the local Roadster folks.  We even got there in time to drive in the Parker Parade, with the Roadster bunch--Really a great time. The Roadster guys rolled out the Red carpet.   The weather was beautiful, & John Over ,The lord & master of WYCROC,
  the local Roadster Club really looked after us.  We drove across hwy 50, to Grand Junction, Co. We then took hwy  70 over the hill into Denver.  I drove a 1966 / with a Ka-24 motor, & Mike Young drove a finely tuned  1967.5 Solax 2000 Mike's car averaged  24-26 mpg for the whole trip, & my Ka-24 did alittle better.  I should add, that most days, we never drove under  90 mph.  I know, I know,!!  ( What a crock )  so, we took speedo foto's of both cars while driving.   In case anyone had doubts !   Anyway if you'll send me a phone #, I'll call ya this wknd, & fill you in on any questions you might have.   ( We had one Hell of a great time )

  Herb Petty'
  Modesto, Ca.