[Roadsters] Sun-visor/rear-view mirror screws

John F Sandhoff sandhoff at csus.edu
Wed Jul 30 14:38:36 MDT 2008

> My sun visor ends do not sit square to the housing so tightening the
> screws does nothing to keep them up and out of my way.

The set screws keep the SHAFTS from rotating. The visors clamp
onto the rods; if the visors don't stay put, they're not clamping onto
the rod tightly enough. The clamping action is provided, I believe,
simply by a piece of metal inside the visor that's wrapped around
the shaft and is not adjustable other than by taking the visor off the
arm and bending that metal 'tab' a bit tighter.

-- John
     John F Sandhoff   sandhoff at csus.edu   Sacramento, CA