[Roadsters] Vinces 66 junkyard special Update

Vince Strazzabosco vstrazzabosco at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 23 21:00:11 MDT 2008

Just to update the folks on this car...

The owner found the key and brought it to the junkyard Monday.  They called me yesterday (Tuesday).

I went over and checked out what I could with the key.  It works in every lock but the console (?), and the trunk contained some cheesy wire-wheel hubcaps, and old Road America brochure, and a spare white wall Bridgestone that looks like the original spare.  The rust in the trunk wasn't as bad as I expected; a good sandblasting will take care of it with little perforation that I could find in the bottom corners.

I connected the battery, and surprise, the engine turns over when I turn the key!  It sounds like all it needs is fresh gas to run.  Inside the oil fill cap the engine looks clean.  Coolant in the radiator is full and bright green.

The asking price is $1500, I offered the guy at the junkyard $500, claiming the car is pretty rusty and while mostly complete, it also needs lots of work.  He didn't seem to be real pleased, and I left.  He's got my number, and I would not be surprised if I hear from him in a few days, nor would I not be surprised if I don't hear from him.

I need to sell something else to make room, anyway.  It has been a pleasure being on this list and I enjoy having such a group to turn to for info and other car stuff.

We'll see what happens, and I'll keep the list informed.

Thanks,

vince