[Roadsters] Gauge voltage regulator

Graeme graemes at internode.on.net
Fri Jul 18 18:03:36 MDT 2008

 Hi Dave,
Loved my few days in Victoria and Vancouver BC at exactly this time of year
in 2004!

There are several alternative regulators suitable for this task.
A recent discussion on 311s.org on this topic mentioned a 3 pin electronic
VR that was suitable.
Check out this link: -
http://tinyurl.com/6yyohy
A 510 VR is probably OK but you may need to adjust yourself to the reading
the gauges produce.
By that I mean electrical gauges are vague in their operation and what is
shown as a "normal" Temperature for example is to a large degree dependent
on the VR and gauge characteristics.
However, once you determine what the reading is for a normal operating
temperature, that becomes your reference and we move on!
"Gauge voltage regulator
My fuel and temperature gauges are both inoperative.  I understand that the
gauge voltage regulator is the likely culprit, correct?  I was wondering if
anyone has successfully used the 510 part (one of the vendors suggests that
it can be done).  Is there a downside?  I can get the 510 part for $27
versus $85ish for the roadster version.
I'm going to have a look at the one I have... clean up the contacts, etc.,
but I'm also looking ahead at a replacement.
Dave Riedel