[Roadsters] 67.5 2000 matching # project LA area for sale

chalsted chalsted at comcast.net
Fri Jul 18 06:24:31 MDT 2008

I recently purchased #402 from Jon Frampton and am getting ready to have it
shipped back east. I am making it available for 2 weeks only out there, same
price I bought it for only with used gauges and visors and a smog head. I
still think it is a tremendous deal for $4k, it's worth $5500 to me to have it
back here on the east coast or I wouldn't have made the purchase. it's a very
buildable matching number car. I would also consider selling with the restored
gauges, new visors, and uncut non-smog head I got with it for additional $$. I
do have use for these on my other 67.5 2000's though.  I am aware that folks
were both calling and e-mailing Jon trying to talk him out of our deal on the
car, primarily as a result of one individual claiming I tried to "gouge" him
offering to sell him the car. I'm sure he neglected to mention the following:
he had contacted me the day before Jon put his car up for sale expressing a
wish to fulfill a lifelong dream of owning a 67.5 2000. when Jon posted the
car, I forwarded his e-mail to this individual and told them they should buy
the car. I forwarded their e-mail to Jon and told him they wanted one, and
would probably buy his. hours later when Jon sent me the photos, I went to the
trouble to look up the person who wanted one on Yahoo Peoplesearch and called
and left him a message that the car was a great deal and he should jump on it
immediately before someone else bought it. what more could I do for him?  I
told Jon I'd give him what he was asking for the car if they didn't buy it if
we could make arrangements on the payment.  when this person couldn't make up
their mind by the next day Jon made the deal with me and I PayPal'd him a
deposit.  I then got an e-mail from undecided saying he was sad he'd waited
too long and missed out on the car... told him I'd bought it and was willing
to sell for the same price to him only with 3 part substitutions but I'd throw
in a set of original seats. he said he'd send out a deposit that day. later in
the day he decided he just couldn't get over that I would "win" some parts on
the deal and offered me $100 to back out of the deal with Jon and take it over
himself which I declined. his next step was to go around badmouthing me,
saying I was trying to gouge him... so those are the facts, I apologize for
the extra bandwidth if this is irrelevant to you... the car is an excellent
buy at that price, all politics aside. contact me offlist if interested.  I'll
post pretty much the same info on 311s.org  clock is ticking.........

Craig Halsted
540-635-5752