[Roadsters] counter gear busted in 4 speed transmission

Pat Pat at HorneSystemsTx.com
Mon Jul 7 16:26:48 MDT 2008

Hoon,

As I recall the counter shaft slides out the front of the transmission.
I doubt there is enough clearance in the clutch housing to allow this to
happen while the trans is still mounted. It's bee years since I rebuilt
my trans, and I can't remember what held the counter shaft in. I'm
thinking it is the bell housing bolted to the front of the trans, but I
can't remember for sure.

I vote for "C". There are thrust washers on each end of the counter
shaft (I think). They come in different thicknesses to allow for
adjusting the end play on the shaft.

Hopefully someone else will have a better memory than me!

Peace,
Pat

Thusly spake Hoon Kim:

--