[Roadsters] counter gear busted in 4 speed transmission

Hoon Kim hoon at pixar.com
Mon Jul 7 15:47:53 MDT 2008

So I finally had some free time to tinker around my spare
transmission and finally found out what was wrong with it.

It is a 4 speed, I believe a servo style transmission and the 1st
gear on the counter gear is busted. All the other gears seemed to be
fine.

Now, the transmission that is on my car currently I think has a bad
counter shaft. Now the question is:

A)
Is it possible for me to either take out the counter gear from my
installed transmission and put into my disassembled one (granted that
they are both servo style) without taking out the transmission in the
car?

or B)

same situation but replace the counter shaft in the current car instead

or C)

take out the transmission and frankenstein a clean transmission
between the both of them?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

hoon

early '67 1600